Hi-Top boots are an alternative to short leg casts. Boots are known for their natural gait and have aluminum uprights that are mold-able to conform to any patient shape. Boots also are available with ez set ankle hinges that can be set up to 20 degrees of dorsi-flexion and 40 degrees of plantar-flexion. Hi-Top boots are great for sprains strains or stable fractures of the lower leg.
TheHi-Top Boot is designed as a flexible and attractive alternative to casting for the mid-tibia or fibula to mid-foot area and also for second and third degree ankle sprains.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system that, unlike plastic boots, can be reformed to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape
- Low profile rocker bottom helps eliminate pelvic tilt and alleviate low back pain
- Fast, easy fitting saves time over complicated casting procedures
- Unique rocker design allows patients to closely simulate a near normal gait without abnormal loads on any joints
- Contains 2 layers of pads that contour to the ankle shape and support the ankle for total control
- Ultra-breathable foam wrap for maximum comfort
This device is indicated for post-injury or post-operative application to grade 1, 2, or 3 ankle sprains, and stable or internally fixed fractures of the foot or ankle. Also indicated for stable or internally fixed fractures of the middle to distal tibia or fibula when the optional tibial fracture bracing plate is used.
This device is contraindicated for unstable fractures or for fractures of the proximal tibia or fibula. The EZ-Set Hinge used on any Walking Boot is contra-indicated for unstable fractures or for fractures of the proximal tibia or fibula and is also contraindicated for use during weight bearing in a plantar flexed position for Achilles tendon injuries or repairs (see Achilles Tendon Boot). When fixed or locked in any degree of plantar flexion, all hinged boots should be used non-weight bearing only.
|Shoe Size ||Leg Measurement ||Boot ||Fixed Hi-Top ||EZ Set Hi-Top |
|Men ||Women ||Euro ||Length ||Size ||w/Cuff ||w/Bootie ||w/Cuff ||w/Bootie |
|1-2.5 ||1-3.5 ||29-33 || 9"-11" |
|XS ||AL?36001 ||AL?36021 ||AL?72001 ||AL?72021 |
|2.5-5.5 ||3.5-6 ||33-37 || 11"-13" |
|S ||AL?36003 ||AL?36023 ||AL?72003 ||AL?72023 |
|5.5-9 ||6-9.5 ||37-41 || 13"-15" |
|M ||AL?36005 ||AL?36025 ||AL?72005 ||AL?72025 |
|9-12.5 ||9.5-13 ||41-46 || 15"-17" |
|L ||AL?36007 ||AL?36027 ||AL?72007 ||AL?72027 |
|12.5-17 ||13+ ||46-49+ || 17"-19" |
|XL ||AL?36009 ||AL?36029 ||AL?72009 ||AL?72029 |
NOTE: When ordering replace the ? with one of the following: 0=ankle/heel pad 2=air ankle/heel pad