The DARCO OrthoWedge™ is clinically proven to reduce weight bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
Features & Benefits:
- 15˚ Wedge Sole effectively shifts body weight to the midfoot and heel. Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square Toe Design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better Left/Right fit.
- Ankle Strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable Forefoot Closure provides security while eliminating buckle pressure.
- Zoned Outsole has an aggressive tread under the mid-foot where traction is needed most.
- Removable Insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed. Insole can be totally removed to accommodate DARCO’s innovative Peg Assist™ customizable off-loading insole.
- Post Surgical healing
- Forefoot trauma
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot.
|Size ||Women’s Shoe Size ||Men’s Shoe Size ||Catalog Number |
|X-Small ||4 - 7 ||- ||OQ0B |
|Small ||7.5 - 10 ||6 - 8 ||OQ1B |
|Medium ||10.5 - 13 ||8.5 - 10 ||OQ2B |
|Large ||13 + ||10.5 - 12 ||OQ3B |
|X-Large ||- ||12.5 - 14 ||OQ4B |